CHRISTMAS greetings to the People of God of the Diocese of Tagbilaran and the province of Bohol.
“The humanity of Christ is our happiness.” These are the very words uttered by St. Thomas Aquinas in which he speaks about Jesus. He said precisely, “Ad huno finem beatitudinis, hominess reducuntur per humanitatem Christi.” Through the humanity of Christ, men and women are brought back towards the mystery of God, our Creator who constantly desires peace among His creatures.
The fundamental significance of Christmas is peace and goodwill. “Glory to God in the highest and peace to His people on earth.” This peace is anchored on harmonious relationship with others because when the Child eventually grew up, He was willing to stand up for the well-being of others; He always bestowed blessings to others; and ultimately, He was ready to die for the salvation of the world.
In a world where we are constantly threatened by disorder, strife and confusion, we are called to be always thoughtful and sincere with our relationships. Peace will only happen and is unfolded when we are true to ourselves and upright with our relationship with others by embodying in us the Gospel message.
Merry Christmas to all of you!
In Christ Jesus,
Bishop Leonardo Medroso
- TAKE CARE EVERYONE
- A ragtag army
- Repentance always comes at last
- Stupidity at its best
- It’s all about politics
- De Lima, one up and counting
- Putting the lesson of EDSA People Power Revolution to other use
- Remembering Mia
- Not the time to ask the people’s choice
- The Agora
- THE STRIKER
- Bohol, Naga, Davao pilots in connectivity
- TOP ISSUES OF THE DAY
- OF BLACK AND WHITE
- Aris: Chinese investor eyes Bohol for bamboo plantation
- Garbage collection: whose responsibility?
- A new Shepherd in the Diocese of Tagbilaran
- NEW YEAR, SAME THINGS AROUND
- SOME CHALLENGES OF NEW YEAR 2017
- True Christmas is gift giving to those we love and who need it