By Ariel Fulido
DAGOHOY. – As part of the town fiesta of Dagohoy on Wednesday in honor of its patron saint, Our Lady of Lourdes, the Department of Education (DepEd)–Dagohoy District presents DepEd Night with Bohol’s hottest party band, CenterStage, live on tomorrow at the town gymnasium starting at 8:00 o’ clock in the evening.
Dr. Renato Calamba, DepEd schools district supervisor, said the one-night musical extravaganza is a part of the series of nightly entertainments in the fiesta celebration of Dagohoy. It’s one pre-fiesta concert party with CenterStage, where not just the DepEd family will enjoy, but the general public as well, especially the balikbayans and other fiesta revelers.
Lydia Pesquira, a coordinating principal of Dagohoy Central Elementary School, also added that they are expecting a big crowd considering tomorrow is ante-bisperas, and the event is free to the public. CenterStage band will perform the best of the tops of the Billboard Chart, latest pop/RnB hits, retro 80s music, and even ballroom dancing.
Also coordinating the event are the Dagohoy National High School, through its school principal, Julieta Gonzales; and Dagohoy Central Elementary School, through its school principal, Susan Limbago.
Meanwhile, all roads lead to the fiesta celebration of the said town, named after Francisco Dagohoy, the Boholano who led the longest revolt against Spain.
Local government and church officials of Dagohoy have join hands in spearheading the different fiesta activities. Mayor Sofronio Apat and its parish priest, Fr. Mark Estillore, lead this year’s festivities, capped by nightly presentations held at the town gym.
Last Friday night was the Dance Sports 2015 sponsored by the Local Government Unit (LGU), while last night is a Nite-Out Party. Happening tonight is the Miss Gay-Dagohoy 2015, while on fiesta night, the Sangguniang Bayan (SB) of Dagohoy will hold a grand fiesta disco.
- Repentance always comes at last
- Stupidity at its best
- It’s all about politics
- De Lima, one up and counting
- Putting the lesson of EDSA People Power Revolution to other use
- Remembering Mia
- Not the time to ask the people’s choice
- The Agora
- THE STRIKER
- Bohol, Naga, Davao pilots in connectivity
- TOP ISSUES OF THE DAY
- OF BLACK AND WHITE
- Aris: Chinese investor eyes Bohol for bamboo plantation
- Garbage collection: whose responsibility?
- A new Shepherd in the Diocese of Tagbilaran
- NEW YEAR, SAME THINGS AROUND
- SOME CHALLENGES OF NEW YEAR 2017
- True Christmas is gift giving to those we love and who need it
- 5 Ways to Avoid Overspending this Christmas
- OF BLACK AND WHITE