TAGBILARAN CITY. – The 49th charter day celebration of Tagbilaran City today is very memorable to Punong Barangay Nick Besas.
Besas will assume the ex-oficio seat vacated by Punong Barangay Edgar Bompat of Dampas who earlier resigned as the president of the Liga ng mga Barangay (LnB) in the city.
Bompat and Besas had earlier made a “gentleman’s agreement” to have an equal sharing in the term of office as LnB president in the city. The same was true in the case of the provincial LnB where Madelone Rengel of Calape also entered into the same agreement with Romulo Cepedoza of Danao for term-sharing.
Besas took his oath of office yesterday as the new president of the LnB in the city vice Bompat.
During the Charter Day activity today, Besas will formally assume as an ex-oficio member of the Sangguniang Panlungsod of Tagbilaran.
Besas will assume the position as ex-oficio member of the city lawmaking body for the next 18 month and shall received the salaries and perks of a city councilor.
He will also assume the various posts held by Bompat including the committee chairmanship and memberships in the city sanggunian.
On the other hand, Bompat will resume with his position as punong barangay of Dampas. The two punong barangays are identified with the group of Mayor Baba Yap.
Bompat completed his nine-year term as a duly elected city councilor in 2013. But his election as punong barangay in Dampas gave him an extension of his office as city councilor when he won as the president of the LnB in the city thus paving the way for his assumption as an ex-oficio city councilor. (jab)
- TAKE CARE EVERYONE
- A ragtag army
- Repentance always comes at last
- Stupidity at its best
- It’s all about politics
- De Lima, one up and counting
- Putting the lesson of EDSA People Power Revolution to other use
- Remembering Mia
- Not the time to ask the people’s choice
- The Agora
- THE STRIKER
- Bohol, Naga, Davao pilots in connectivity
- TOP ISSUES OF THE DAY
- OF BLACK AND WHITE
- Aris: Chinese investor eyes Bohol for bamboo plantation
- Garbage collection: whose responsibility?
- A new Shepherd in the Diocese of Tagbilaran
- NEW YEAR, SAME THINGS AROUND
- SOME CHALLENGES OF NEW YEAR 2017
- True Christmas is gift giving to those we love and who need it