TAGBILARAN CITY. – Lawyer Uriel Del Rosario Leopando , former Board Trustee and professor of the University of Bohol passed away last Aug.4, 2015 at the age of 94.
Atty. Leopando is a graduate of Bachelor of Science in Education at Visayan Institute, Cebu City in 1947.
He finished his Bachelor of Arts in 1950 and Bachelor of Laws in l952 at then Rafael Palma College, now University of Bohol. After passing the bar examination and admitted to the Philippine Bar in 1953, he went into active law practice and taught in college. His previous teaching experience was in high school.
Sir Uriel, as he is popularly known in the campus, is a jolly type man whose natural instinct for jokes kept his students alive and alert. His mastery in Philosophy and History helped the students learn the rudiments of the course easily.
In his class, he maintained his fatherly compassion by giving advices and inspirations to everyone.
Atty, Leopando became member of the University of Bohol Board of Trustees during the incumbency of the late Pres. Victoriano D. Tirol, Sr. He also served as councilor of the City of Tagbilaran during the whole term of Mayor Rolando Butalid until the first term of Mayor Jose Ma. Rocha.
The late veteran lawyer is married to Elizabeth Nuñez and blessed with seven children, Socorro Leopando-Manalang, Aurora Leopando-Shiver, Emerald Leopando, Maximo Leopando II, Uriel Leopando, Jr., Erastus Leopando and Zuriel Leopando.
His remains lie in state at his residence in Torero Private Road, Tagbilaran City. On Thursday afternoon, his body will be brought to the UCCP Church in Buenavista for the last vigil. Internment is set in the morning of Aug. 15 at Leopando’s Mausoleum near the UCCP cemetery of the same municipality. He will be accorded with twenty one gun salute. (labboncales)
- Repentance always comes at last
- Stupidity at its best
- It’s all about politics
- De Lima, one up and counting
- Putting the lesson of EDSA People Power Revolution to other use
- Remembering Mia
- Not the time to ask the people’s choice
- The Agora
- THE STRIKER
- Bohol, Naga, Davao pilots in connectivity
- TOP ISSUES OF THE DAY
- OF BLACK AND WHITE
- Aris: Chinese investor eyes Bohol for bamboo plantation
- Garbage collection: whose responsibility?
- A new Shepherd in the Diocese of Tagbilaran
- NEW YEAR, SAME THINGS AROUND
- SOME CHALLENGES OF NEW YEAR 2017
- True Christmas is gift giving to those we love and who need it
- 5 Ways to Avoid Overspending this Christmas
- OF BLACK AND WHITE