By JUNE S. BLANCO
REP. Erico Aristotle Aumentado (Bohol, 2nd District) is pushing for the faster completion of the diversion road linking Barangay Tapon in Ubay to the town public market – and another in Talibon.
Aumentado said the diversion roads will open erstwhile “sleepy” areas into the next booming commercial come-ons of the towns – decongesting the present market area and expanding the respective commercial districts.
The solon said he is confident that the diversion roads will awaken the business acumen of former “mere consumers”. This also augurs well for added income for the towns in terms of business taxes and mayor’s permit fees, he added.
The Ubay port is the gateway to the town’s business district. But, Aumentado observed, the commercial district is already congested with no more room for expansion.
The diversion road, he said, is the answer to this dilemma. It will expand the market and the bus terminal, giving impetus to more brisk economic activity.
While the Ubay diversion road is in its finishing stage, its Talibon counterpart has yet to be provided with funds. The road will be across from the bridge that will link Talibon and Bien Unido town.
In the same manner, it will decongest the town center and provide the needed space for expansion – just in tune with the expansion plans of Alturas-Talibon and other commercial establishments.
- Stupidity at its best
- It’s all about politics
- De Lima, one up and counting
- Putting the lesson of EDSA People Power Revolution to other use
- Remembering Mia
- Not the time to ask the people’s choice
- The Agora
- THE STRIKER
- Bohol, Naga, Davao pilots in connectivity
- TOP ISSUES OF THE DAY
- OF BLACK AND WHITE
- Aris: Chinese investor eyes Bohol for bamboo plantation
- Garbage collection: whose responsibility?
- A new Shepherd in the Diocese of Tagbilaran
- NEW YEAR, SAME THINGS AROUND
- SOME CHALLENGES OF NEW YEAR 2017
- True Christmas is gift giving to those we love and who need it
- 5 Ways to Avoid Overspending this Christmas
- OF BLACK AND WHITE
- THE STRIKING FORCE