CAMP DAGOHOY.—Top police officials yesterday confirmed the arrest of the number one drug pusher in the province.
P/Supt. Ricky Delelis, PNP Bohol spokesman, said the arrest of Eddie Vano carried the seizure of illegal drugs amounting to almost P1 million.
The raid last Saturday in Carmen town was a joint effort of Provincial Intelligence Branch (PIB) and Provincial Public Safety Company (PPSC), Special Weapons and Tactics (SWAT) and Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency (PDEA)..
Vano, 59 years old, is a resident of Sitio Fatima, Brgy. Buenavista, Carmen.
Including in the seized items were caliber .45, Armscor, caliber .38 revolver, seven live bullets of caliber .45, nine live ammunition of caliber 9mm and 13 live ammunitions of caliber .357 and other drug paraphernalia.
According to PO3 Richard Timbal of PPSC/SWAT that their operatives led by P/Sr. Insp. Ricardo Tero went to the safe house of Vano armed with a search warrant after confirming reports that indeed the suspect is having illegal activities in their locality.
The value of the confiscated illegal drugs was said to be amounting to P900,000 which weighing 80 grams. As per PSI Tero, Vano can sell 300 grams of shabu in one day.
Sources said Vano has long been the subject of surveillance as reports show that at least 30 drug personalities are working with him.
It may be recalled that the suspect’s son, Janjan Vano, was arrested by policemen in his residence in Brgy. Taloto in Tagbilaran City but unfortunately, he was able to post bail.
Vano’s drug supply source is said to be in Muntinlupa City.
The suspect is now detained at Camp Dagohoy lock uo jail while drug charges will be filed against him at the Provincial Prosecutor Office for violation RA 9165..
- TAKE CARE EVERYONE
- A ragtag army
- Repentance always comes at last
- Stupidity at its best
- It’s all about politics
- De Lima, one up and counting
- Putting the lesson of EDSA People Power Revolution to other use
- Remembering Mia
- Not the time to ask the people’s choice
- The Agora
- THE STRIKER
- Bohol, Naga, Davao pilots in connectivity
- TOP ISSUES OF THE DAY
- OF BLACK AND WHITE
- Aris: Chinese investor eyes Bohol for bamboo plantation
- Garbage collection: whose responsibility?
- A new Shepherd in the Diocese of Tagbilaran
- NEW YEAR, SAME THINGS AROUND
- SOME CHALLENGES OF NEW YEAR 2017
- True Christmas is gift giving to those we love and who need it