The Sandiganbayan allowed yesterday Janet Lim-Napoles and two others to post vail in the plunder case filed against them.
The anti-graft court granted the two bail petitions of Napoles in connection to the pork barrel scam.
This development did not caught us by surprise. We have been expecting Napoles to post bail, In the first place, she surrendered no less than to Pres. Aquino in Malacanang.
The Sandiganbayan Fourth Division fixed the bail for Napoles and dismissed Masbate Gov. Rizalina Lanete at P500,000 each while their plunder case is being heard.
Napoles and Lanete are both facing plunder and graft cases before the anti-graft court for the latter’s alleged misuse of her priority development assistance fund (PDAF) during her term as Masbate representative from 2007 to 2009.
For her part, Lanete allegedly allotted her PDAF to fake non-government organizations linked to Napoles, the alleged pork barrel scam mastermind.
The former Masbate governor has been detained at Camp Bagong Diwa in Taguig City since February 2015.
The report also said that the Sandiganbayan Fifth Division also allowed Napoles and former Association of Philippine Cooperatives party-list Rep. Edgar Valdez to post bail for the plunder case against them.
The bail bond for Napoles and Valdez was set at P1.5 million each.
Valdez is accused of pocketing P57.7 million worth of public funds which represent kickbacks and commissions from Napoles.
In April 2015, Napoles was found guilty of illegally detaining whistleblower Benhur Luy and was sentenced to life imprisonment.
Despite the bail grant for plunder, Napoles will remain in jail at Camp Bagong Diwa in Taguig City.
Now that Napoles is already out on bail, the next question that we would like to ask is, what now?
* * * * * *
For comments, suggestions and non-violent reactions, just email to [email protected]
- Repentance always comes at last
- Stupidity at its best
- It’s all about politics
- De Lima, one up and counting
- Putting the lesson of EDSA People Power Revolution to other use
- Remembering Mia
- Not the time to ask the people’s choice
- The Agora
- THE STRIKER
- Bohol, Naga, Davao pilots in connectivity
- TOP ISSUES OF THE DAY
- OF BLACK AND WHITE
- Aris: Chinese investor eyes Bohol for bamboo plantation
- Garbage collection: whose responsibility?
- A new Shepherd in the Diocese of Tagbilaran
- NEW YEAR, SAME THINGS AROUND
- SOME CHALLENGES OF NEW YEAR 2017
- True Christmas is gift giving to those we love and who need it
- 5 Ways to Avoid Overspending this Christmas
- OF BLACK AND WHITE