TAGBILARAN CITY.- Three were reported hurt after a retired police smashed his driven car in a peanut stall in Pook Pantalan, Cogon District of this city the other night.
The retired police immediately fled away and evaded the checkpoint by the city police near Sitio Ubos in Brgy. Poblacion I resulting the police to chase the suspect.
Fortunately, they were able to arrest him in Brgy. Totolan in Dauis.
The victims were identified as Anecita Balili Gahit, 65 years old, resident of Brgy. Cogon and a peanut vendor while the others were identified as Niño James Egagamao 22 years old, resident of Gallares St, Poblacion II of this city and Jasmine Daryll Concon, 19 years old who is a resident of Brgy. Booy.
The three victims all sustained various injuries in their bodies after being smashed by a Hyundai Accent color red with a plate number YCZ 973 driven by Danilo Villena Navarro, 55 years old, and a native of Brgy. Bongbong, Catigbian.
It was PO2 Roberto Miclat who responded the incident and thereafter arriving at the accident scene, various good scattered near the street where the driven car of the retired cop was located.
The police was able to alert themselves on the said car resulting to the arrest of the suspect. P/Insp. Adriano Bacus ordered his men to chase the suspect. When the suspect was arrested, they were able to confirm that the retired cop was indeed under the influence of liquor.
Meanwhile, the suspect is now in the custody of the city police.
- Repentance always comes at last
- Stupidity at its best
- It’s all about politics
- De Lima, one up and counting
- Putting the lesson of EDSA People Power Revolution to other use
- Remembering Mia
- Not the time to ask the people’s choice
- The Agora
- THE STRIKER
- Bohol, Naga, Davao pilots in connectivity
- TOP ISSUES OF THE DAY
- OF BLACK AND WHITE
- Aris: Chinese investor eyes Bohol for bamboo plantation
- Garbage collection: whose responsibility?
- A new Shepherd in the Diocese of Tagbilaran
- NEW YEAR, SAME THINGS AROUND
- SOME CHALLENGES OF NEW YEAR 2017
- True Christmas is gift giving to those we love and who need it
- 5 Ways to Avoid Overspending this Christmas
- OF BLACK AND WHITE