Unlike previous Sandugo song festivals, this year will feature novelty, upbeat(fast) and love (ballad) songs.
Winners will be proclaimed based on these three categories.
This year, fifteen (15) original Boholano compositions have already been selected as finalists namely; for novelty: Novelty-Nalingaw ko sa Bohol by Raul Saletrero, interpreter Fedrianne Villanueva; Dear Tatay by Rudy Tutor, interpreter Tarcs Bebe Edulan; Kaniadto ug Karun by John Rey Fuertes; Adunay Forever by Marvin Russel Elaba and Ang Gusto Ko by Maria Luza Brua, interpreter Cindy Claire Echavia.
For the Love Song Category: finalists are Barotong Papel by Dr. Nandie Maniwan,, interpreter Charity Espejo Monteron; Dili Na by Humprey Mark Nicasio, interpreter Jhusica Villafores; Balik na Pinangga Ko by Sergie Peter Balaba; Hagit by Engr. Soc Saletrero, interpreter Florie Lyn Vergara; and Bahandi O Kadungganan- by Analiza (Glee) Orcullo, interpreter Florie Lyn Vergara.
Entries for the Upbeat category are Pahimangno by Nice Tumulak; Bagyo og Linog by Arnel Mascariñas with lyricist Fr. Roel Lungay and interpreter Humfrey Mark Nicasio; Kupido by Charlven Remolador, interpreter Dadoy Elorde; Tambayan by Clyde Ebojo; and Ikaw ug Ako by Ralph Maligro, interpreters Angelito Zamora Jr. and Mercedita Quiachon.
There will be one winner in each category and will receive P50,000.00 each. The Best Interpreter will receive P5,000.00 while non winning entries will receive P10,000.00 as consolation prizes.
The songfest will be held at the Bohol Cultural Center on July 21, as one of the highlights of the month-long Bohol Sandugo Festival.
The annual songfest committee is chaired by Eddie Orig, with Engr. Ben Redulla, Yoyon Ramasola, Rene Balbin, Bonie Quirog, Atty. John Mitchell Boiser and EDCOM Head Augustus Escobia as members.
- Repentance always comes at last
- Stupidity at its best
- It’s all about politics
- De Lima, one up and counting
- Putting the lesson of EDSA People Power Revolution to other use
- Remembering Mia
- Not the time to ask the people’s choice
- The Agora
- THE STRIKER
- Bohol, Naga, Davao pilots in connectivity
- TOP ISSUES OF THE DAY
- OF BLACK AND WHITE
- Aris: Chinese investor eyes Bohol for bamboo plantation
- Garbage collection: whose responsibility?
- A new Shepherd in the Diocese of Tagbilaran
- NEW YEAR, SAME THINGS AROUND
- SOME CHALLENGES OF NEW YEAR 2017
- True Christmas is gift giving to those we love and who need it
- 5 Ways to Avoid Overspending this Christmas
- OF BLACK AND WHITE